Many Australians might not be familiar with septic tanks and systems. In addition, they might not even be aware of how these systems function. This is especially so for people living in urban areas of Adelaide. But, a large number of homes and communities in Northern Adelaide rely on these systems extensively. These communities do not have access to the council sewer lines. Thus, they use septic systems for meeting their sewage and drainage needs.
In urban areas, the proximity of residential and commercial properties makes it easier to design a complex network of sewer systems and pipelines. But, in rural areas, properties are often quite distant from others in the vicinity. Hence, the cost and distance factors make it hard to build similar sewer systems. As a result, these communities construct septic systems in their properties. And, they hire septic cleaning companies in Virginia or elsewhere to clean and maintain these tanks regularly.
What Are Septic Tanks?
For the uninitiated, septic tanks are a holding or containing chamber. They contain all the wastewater that comes forth from a residential property. So, all the pipes in the property that carry outflowing water from the house, inevitably lead to the septic tank. These pipes carry the water from the toilets, showers, dishwashers, sinks and showers to a central pipeline. This pipeline pumps the wastewater into one end of the septic tank.
It follows that the wastewater entering the septic tank will contain all the liquid waste that comes from the house. So, once the wastewater enters the tank, gravitational forces begin to act on it. The solid waste material in the wastewater will invariably sink to the bottom. Similarly, water and greasy waste will float to the top. So, when new wastewater enters the septic tank, it will force the separated water out into the drain field. At this point, the drain field will serve to act as an additional filter. It will let the water and its nutrients percolate into the ground. At the same time, it will ensure that any sedimentary matter remains at ground level.
When people install septic systems, they will ensure that the system has adequate space for three main components. These comprise the home’s plumbing system, the septic tank and the drain field (or the soil treatment area). All three components will need to function properly at all times. Only then will the system be capable of treating and disposing of the wastewater effectively. This is why septic tank installers design these systems meticulously. Over time, homeowners will require septic pump outs in their Two Wells or Angle Vale properties. This is essential for ensuring that the septic system functions perfectly.
What Septic System Services Do Septic Tank Owners in Rural Areas Typically Require?
Nothing lasts forever. Neither will any object or system continue to work for indefinite spans of time. Similarly, it is worth highlighting that no septic system can work without proper maintenance. So, every few years or so, you will need to contact professionals for repairing, pumping out or cleaning the septic system. Some of the essential septic services that you will need over time include:
- Septic Pumping Services: Septic desludging services are quite common in One Tree Hill, Ward Belt and the adjoining areas. When professionals pump out the septic system, they will eliminate the sludge that has accumulated within the system over time. This sludge will probably never make its way to the drain field. Hence, your septic tank will require regular desludging.
- Septic Drain Cleaning Services: No one likes having clogged drains on their properties. Such drains will often lead to a wide range of problems. For instance, clogged drains in your bathrooms will mean that it could take ages for the water to flow out of the drains in your sinks and showers. At the same time, clogged drains could also affect the functioning of your septic system. In some cases, it could impede your system from processing wastewater properly. Regular cleaning of the drains could ensure that your drains remain clean and free from debris and other sediments.
- Septic Repairing Services: With the passage of time, septic tanks might need some repairs. Professionals pay great attention when it comes to designing septic systems. Similarly, they are the ones who will be able to make your septic system functional once again. Consult them for repairing the tank in case you:
- Notice your toilets and sinks experiencing frequent back-up issues
- Come across soggy and wet areas near the drain field area on your property or,
- Encounter a foul smell or odour near the septic tank
Consulting septic system professionals to inspect your septic tank regularly is worthwhile. Their observations could help you prevent the issue from exacerbating further. Their expertise might save you from spending lots of money for costly repairs in the future.
Nitschke Liquid Waste – The Leading Providers of Septic Cleaning Services in Williamstown and Lewiston
If you have a septic system on your property and need it repaired or cleaned, think of Nitschke Liquid Waste. A South Australian family owned and operated company, we specialise in disposing of liquid waste. It is worth mentioning that we have over 20 years of experience in the business. This enables us to offer premium-quality services at competitive prices. Unlike other companies, we offer reliable and cost-effective services. From cleaning your grease traps to pumping out septic tanks, our team can do it all. Not surprisingly, we are the liquid waste removal experts in South Australia. Whether you reside in Gawler or Two Wells, we can provide prompt and dependable services. Check out all our services here.